Drivers should rate the passengers too

I agree with all of this post accept the drive through part. We are not going to the drive through. We can end and you can call another. I will drop it 1 star just in case.

This is an issue with Lyft that I have. You don’t know until the next day who tips you

You can tell if you got tips from the express pay but you don’t know who gave them to you until Lyft sends you your daily email

Never seen so many people complain about tips lol, go be a server at Denny’s for Christ sake, you’ll get some tips there

Whenever we go out to a bar or resturant we should all make sure to ask our bartenders and waitress if the leave tips to their uber and lyft drivers and if they say no make sure to leave them the same!

every single service industry job, including taxi cabs receive tips for their service. So I really feel your comment is just argumentative. Yes Uber has advertised that tips were “included” but that was a misleading statement.

Taxi Cabs don’t provide water as I did the first year and half. They get tips on top of their rates that are regulated four times ours.

You my friend are better off not working Uber.

Uber the tip is included only it goes to uber not us in the safe ride fee

Don’t be passive/aggressive with the tipping thing. If you are going to rate low based upon the lack of a tip, have the balls to talk to your pax about the issue.

In general, pax ratings are meaningless. When a pax can’t get a ride because of a poor rating that is when we will stop seeing the rating.

I would bet that the passengers see that and think that’s the tip and that it goes to us .

Sounding good guys, rating based on tipping, very good very good. This is how we change things back to traditional tipping practices.

Could you imagine if you were a waiter and the manager going to your tables and telling the customers that tipping was not necessary?

I’m telling you we can start by asking those we would and should normally tip if they tip they’re driver. If not make sure to write a BIG Old THANK YOU FOR THE SERVICE HAVE A GREAT DAY FROM YOUR LOCAL UBER OR LYFT DRIVER… just like they would with us.

Sorry someone got me thinking about all the pax I hear talking about not getting tipped or getting tipped big and then walking out with a big smile and thanks for the ride

Just hand out lyft cards and say because allow u to tip through app,Pax should get the hint

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. What was he using before?

Why the fuck would some one offer woodchuck and chuckwood! IGive these Freeloaders Shit. Who ever throws garbage in my car if I see it get the fuck out right now…thats what I say. Get some balls man!

My passengers are now requesting Burger King gift cards with EVERY RIDE.

I tipped my Uber driver $10 tonight for my very short ride home. Even though Uber says no tips necessary. BTW this driver started my ride 5 min before I entered the vehicle. Not a good practice. But the ride was comfortable and nice. And I know what it’s like to wait for a passenger only to go a few miles.

Fred, expect that to result in some people giving you lower ratings. also, you should expect to receive complaints about that.

Oh no I could not drive in Detroit, nope I cut back to only surges that are 2x or higher here in phoenix since they changed the rate here last week. I only did like 3 or 4 rides this weekend with uber and 8 rides with lyft. I signed up with Lyft the second I saw the rats cuts. .75 a mile is not going to happen and xl was $2 now $1.35 not likely going to happen there either.

Funny I was just looking at Detroit and it seems uber is charging the pax higher “booking fees” and paying drivers less than here. Our fees are 1.80 yours are over 2?? Crazy the more I see what they’re doing here and everywhere else the more it makes me sick