Drivers need to be educated about rules!

Why does uber/lyft allow minors to have accounts? What are we supposed to do, ID them? Come on!

Lol it doesn’t. The parents order Uber for their children sometime. And when they apply, you must be 18 or over. If you put 17, it won’t let you sign up so these people actually lie about their age when they fill out the forms.

In Pa the PUC and PPA made it a law when they legalised Rideshare in the state.
So I would check with whom ever is in charge of NJ Rideshare for verification.

Check out number three on Lyft’s terms of service.

https://www.lyft.com/terms

It is right there in black and white. :innocent:

Uber has an account with the Philadelphia School District with the intention of picking up students …i am at a loss where the line is drawn when the school districts encourage uber use…

Since the age of contractual consent is 18 in NJ, driving minors is risky since they can technically cancel the trip if they are under the age of 18 and you know if they file a complaint with Uber, they will use the TOS against you to rule in the riders favor, so, why risk it? Not me, no thanks…

that’s absolutely correct about Uber’s TOS. He said it’s “against the LAW” (yes in caps) so I’m just asking to show me the law that says this.

The first statement in your post said…

Stop picking up minors!!! Not only you are breaking up the policy of Uber and lyft but you are also breaking the LAW!

IF this is true, please name the SPECIFIC NJ STATUTE. If you can’t name the statute, NO LAW is being broken. The WORD “LAW” can’t be thrown around to make a point. I am not doubting YOU but would like a little more proof about the LAW than YOUR WORD. :thinking::innocent:

NO WHERE IN THE POST DO I SEE YOU ADMIT TO THERE NOT BEING A LAW. I won’t go into name calling because I don’t want the ADMIN to blame me for Your STUPIDITY.
:fu:

When I click on YOUR ORIGINAL POST I don’t find what you posted here. That being said, it is not here to be seen but have it your way. ADMITTING YOU WERE WRONG says a lot. THANKS. :innocent:

how do you know they minors, what’s prompting you.to ask these questions before they’re in your car…is it the location

Ask Uber haha I would still not do it. Once the kid in your car, he is your responsibility and god forbids, if you had an accident, then you are fucked (basically sued) even if the mother gave you her permission. Think out of the box. Best of luck