Don't start it before they see you

Cheeks in the seat start the trip! If you have to cancel the ride because of a no show they can 1* and that will add up fast, If I have a bad address or the pax calls looking for me when I’m next to the piin and he is on the other side of the street, I “No Show” the rider, that way he gets charged and doesn’t get to rate me! Most of the time these guys know the tricks and try to F with you, I just leave them standing on the other side of the road… The less then 5*'s will guide you where you go and what you do!

that was what i did in the beginning. now once i am sure i am at the rider’s location, i start the trip.
i am in a dilemma though. i want to drive away and cancel as ‘no show’ after 5 minutes, which i believe gets you paid. i once started the trip after the rider said ‘be right out.’ i then waited 10 minutes! i drove away without being able to cancel. i ended up ending the trip and giving him a 1 star.

i am not sure what you mean. same ‘no show’ but one can rate while others cannot?
why do you no show when rider is on the other side of the street? gps is often not that accurate.

Your rating is dropping because the new low rates attracts a lower quality of customers. Even Gordon Ramsey couldn’t keep a five star rating if his customers came from Walmart.

hmm… my rating started dropping since i started rating them lower than 5 stars!
i am pretty sure questioning about stops lowered my rating - ‘is it going to be longer than 5 min?’ ‘i can only wait up to 5 min’ and i have yet to say ‘no stops’, or ‘no fast food runs’

Send in a request, sometimes they pay up sometimes they don’t I ***** till they pay something! They have notes in my file that I ***** a bunch!!! You ave to, this is BS that they think they don’t have to pay.

so you accept 100% meaning even if the request is 15 minutes away. so you can drive 7 miles to the rider only to cancel it without waiting even 1 minute? that would result in loss of money and time, wouldnt it?

I need to be better about this. Like you, I don’t start the trip until I have them with me. Where I suck is that I stop the ride as soon as it goes in ‘park’, which isn’t in my best interest. I need to train myself to only stop the ride after all passengers and their stuff are out and the doors closed. From my understanding, this is the only way to really be protected (by insurance) if a pax decided to open the door into traffic or something.

The cost of them getting out of the vehicle is negligible, unless they take quite some time to get out of the car, and in that case, they should be paying for your time. If they ask, I would just cite insurance reasons. If they’re in my car, the trip is active. Only once did I end the ride while the client was still in the car. It was at the end of the ride, and he wanted to know the ride total so he could give me a tip.

I’m going to do this from now on! Fluffy not his real name but I don’t want to call him fat so!! I stopped at his friends house shut the trip off and then he says, “Oh we were just stopping here we were going over to the mall after stopping here” I said I’m sorry I ended the trip, I really didn’t want to take him to the mall, so I left the app in limbo of rated but not yet going online… I told him “Fluffy I am not going to be the one taking you”(because I didn’t go online and he had already requested a ride), so he finally exited the car and I left. I’m sure my weekly 5.0 is tarnished now! I’m dropping fast! Ol’e Fluffy left me less then a stellar rating! And me too!

now uber is getting trickier?
2 trips i canceled last night as ‘no show’ and the dashboard just shows ‘driver cancel’?
support argued they were ‘rider cancel’ and i dont get paid!?

They can, but they don’t. Last night I think the client that downrated me was the one that didn’t respond to my text I sent in route asking them to verify the pickup location. I arrived at the pin location, and waited 3 mins. I sent a “I’m here waiting out front” text. Still no visible activity in the home, and no reply or call back from the client. I literally was in the process of cancelling when they arrived at the car. Seconds later and I would have been gone. They had come from a few houses back.

I always announce my arrival with a text - 1/2 or 1 block away from pick up. It would take 15 to 30 seconds to get there. And I start the trip as soon as customer reply: I will be right there! or when customer open the door.