Don’t get caught up in that night life

The gist of this message: I’m fucking awesome and everyone else sucks ass.

Awesome message! However that is how it should go, but in reality each pax is vastly different and each situation as well. There is not a one size fits all scenario. And just for the record not every drunk pax is a well mannered, happy, I won’t puke all over your car (put you out of business for the night) kind, habitual back seat driver. But, remember we live and work in the real world. :rofl:

Yet another fucking thread complaining about people who complain! That’s what never ends

People here talk about the 1% of rides that problems happen. The other 99% go just fine, so theres nothing to talk about. So that’s why it looks like a constant stream of complaints and issues here. Its the same thing on every single rideshare group out there

Everybody complains about the most simplest things that dont mean nothing. I mostly do UberEats and I have picked up people sometimes. No problem. I love what I do and see people’s happy smiles. People just think about the money, which is needed, but not go crazy over it. The most satisfying thing of this job is the passenger being happy and its ok if they are upset or dont want to talk. People got problems. We are all broken. In the name of Jesus, Hope people change their hearts one day

Perhaps you should recognise your privilege first, then consider the experiences of others.

You are male. Far less likely to experience sexual advances, comments about your looks, anger for not returning compliments or being a ‘bitch’ because you didn’t flirt with their drunk ass…

Are you of similar appearance to most of your riders? Far less likely to be subject to covert or open racisism, bigotry and hatred.

Not petite or small? Probably far less susceptible to intimidation, threats, or safety concerns.

What is the socio-economic climate in your area? Do you commonly transport drug-affected people or junkies? How many weapons have people brought into your car? How often do your passengers make drug deals on the phone beside you?

Many different factors affect your experience. Many you cannot chose or control. Just because you have never been carjacked, does not mean no-one else ever will be.

Good customer service is important. But it is only part of the story for many.

Preach on my brother! I pray this post finds the drivers this needs to so there is change.

Honestly, only 7 mo in 1115 trips in all excellent experience and an adventure each run.
Just gotta burn the gas and hit other countries.
When 1 county sleeps others are not
Get Upside for cash back on gas. 5 mo almost 35.00

I appreciate reading your comment, Ernesto, as I joined this group to read stories and learn of experiences of Uber drivers. I am considering signing up as a driver, and the first thing I thought the very first day I was in this group was, “This is NOT for me! It’s dangerous, people are evil, and it sounds as if I’d be in a precarious position.” Due to your post, I have decided to wait and learn more before deciding to opt out. Maybe, maybe I’ll hear a few good things here. Meanwhile, the jury is out on this one!

If you don’t like people and interacting with them PARK IT! I’ve been in and owned “people businesses” ALL MY LIFE and I LOVE this job! 2000+ trips in 8 months, 4.93 rating. Is every pax a “Ray of sunshine?” Hell no, but they’re entitled to a bad day every now and then. If you want success doing this YOU’RE NOT!

Yes, part of the problem is the fact that some drivers are argumentative by nature and will sit there and argue with a drunk person which is already a losing proposition. Also some drivers are not meant to work with the public. Like you (knocks on wood) I have not had any issues with drunk people and I also drive nights.

My husband did 4000 trips before he has an issue. I think the boards can help with learning from all of us good or bad.

I was assaulted by a passenger who thought he was entitled to reach over and help himself to my legs and boobs. This BS does happen, at least to female drivers, regardless of our “focus” or lack thereof. I was trying to “just pick up the people and drop them off” as fast as I safely can, so no it’s not that simple. I was very aware that pervert was not my friend. I did not know him and did not want to know him. I was not getting “caught up in that night life” I don’t go to bars and don’t even drink at all. I’ve been married to my husband longer than the 27-year-old who assaulted me has been alive. I’ve been with Uber for 3 years and Lyft for 2 and a half years, and I have almost 5,000 trips. I could have done 10,000 by now if I hadn’t stopped driving at night after I was assaulted. You say you’ve been with been with Uber almost 3 years and have almost 10,000 trips, but somehow you never found this page until you joined less than a month ago. Maybe you have never experienced any of the shit that other drivers report because you are a male, and not a very attractive one at that.

I’ve had drunk guys try to grab me a few times. It’s the main reason why I insist that they ride in the back. #NOTTHEONE

Don’t get mad at me I didnt do nothing to you. This is simply my opinion and I’m entitled to it. I hope you pressed charges with local law enforcement and had that scumbag arrested. you can use this as a learning tool or not it’s up to you. We all have choices in life and sometimes those choices have consequences. Human beings are so unpredictable that’s why always tell people to keep their inner circle small and don’t trust no one. I’m also not a female so I can not comment on how y’all feel. I admit that I’m a big guy and maybe it is different for me. but like I said earlier I’m just simply telling my story.

That’s a great story. You couldn’t make that shit up. I am glad you survived. Hope she tipped you.

I absolutely hated every ride I gave. Glad I don’t do it anymore. Uber eats only. Uber made me hate people.

It is, there’s no issue unless you make it an issue. Everything can be handled properly. It’s all about keeping your cool. :sunglasses:

I been good. 1400 rides. A couple of weirdos, bougie college broke girls, a few drunks, and a stripper. Never one issue.
Only issue is with the app itself. Everyday theres a problem.

I’ve been driving 5 months and have had mostly positive rides, I got cussed at about 3 weeks ago, by a drunk guy, and I was pretty ubset and shaken up about it, and I ended the ride early and told him I didn’t appreciate it. And we were done., I had a few ppl try to rush me to their location, and also a few weeks ago, I took a group of people to a country concert, and the traffic was backed up for hours, and someone in my backseat started making sacastic comments at me, about how hated them for making me wait in traffic, wich wasn’t true. I’ve had worse experiences with food delivery. Idk thought I would add my two sense.