Does anyone else think it's ridiculous how our job is to drive people around

They charge more if the customer orders a select ride. If they order an uberx and a BMW driver chooses to take it then they get paid uberx rates

i used to drive a prius and literally would only cost me $1 in gas to get to a airport that’s 20 miles away.

The prius can get 50mpg, on regular gas, vs if you have a Infiniti g35 that’s 22 mpg on premium, that will make a huge difference in gas

I think the whole rating thing is a farce anyway. I had some guy give me a one star rating because I didn’t have an auxiliary cord. And he put that in the comment section, no auxiliary cord equals one star. The riders have no idea how much the ratings affect us. I’ve been driving for two years and my rating is a 4.9.

They don’t fire people for ratings…you are basically a cab driver…the job in and of itself is customer service…maybe your in the wrong line of work

tbey can and do “fire” people for ratings. Low ratings below a certain threshold =deactivation.

Laura Rosner the whole point of the ratings is to be different than taxis… Cabbies can treat people like shit and still keep driving. Ubers point is to be different and is cost and customer service centric.

Car does affect rating. Bigger the better the rating. What I do is tell the pax a lie. You are my best pax, I’m giving you 5*. That’s give me a response of I’m giving you 5*.

You were absolutely correct, peoples faces absolutely light up when I pull up. And people always say five stars for the car.

Passengers not rating you don’t have any impact on your rating. Only about 30% of passengers rate in my market. It’s an average of the ratings you do get. And no, you don’t get paid by what you drive.

i can’t see how ANYONE would give YOU a low rating! Unless you drive around a couple…then you will get rated low because the girlfriend will be looking over dude’s shoulder as he’s rating you…lol

Laura Rosner, will you finish your thought before commenting. You’ve literally commented on this post 19 times LOL and most of the comments are just a continuation of the previous 4 comments.

Oh yah if the driver is holding the cell phone while trying to navigate, or the phone is on the lap or in the cup holder, and the driver have to look down to see the gps, i will take a picture of it, send it in to uber, and get my money back for the ride.

Of course the price of gas and the type of car you drive factors into your pay. Are you serious? Uber’s business plan is such that they provide a technical service only. You pay for that service and independently provide a ground transportation service. You absorb all the costs of the operation and you must weigh those costs against the NET income you bring in every month. It’s all about the costs per mile. The more economical the vehicle you drive, the lower the costs of gasoline, the lower the costs per mile. It’s all about the cash you lay out to provide this service vs. the amount of money you deposit into your checking account every week. The best way to keep an accurate account of what you are laying out and bringing in is to operate out of one bank account exclusively for your Uber Operation. P.S. If someone doesn’t rate you, I don’t believe it counts against you. Good Luck.