Do I have the right to ask for ID in this situation?

it’s your car. It’s like selling alcohol to a minor. They can be wrong all they want, but you are the adult. All of this is a moot point if you have your own commercial insurance to drive minors. That’s different. Why on earth would you be paying for that though?

ask your insurance company if they cover you driving an unattended minor? I can assure you I was told by Uber’s insurance company that they won’t cover any situation that has been described in the terms of service. This includes underage unattended riders, children not in federally approved car seats or boosters, more passengers than you have seatbelts and many other situations. You need to read the terms of service that you agreed to when you signed up to drive. Also when we obtained our special rider insurance through our private insurance company (to cover when I’m driving on the app but with no passengers in the car) we were told if there’s ever an accident and we were deemed to be outside the term of service outlined by Uber we would not be covered by any part of our personal insurance either and most probably immediately dropped as customers. I’m definitely not willing to lose my insurance and possibly even my license, let alone my livelihood! In my state the same terms of service apply whether it’s Uber or Lyft.

I agree, but should and are are two different things. We are simply a manipulatable resource to the companies. I card kids everyday and deni them rides. It’s the drivers that take them that make it hard for the rest of us. I have a family and a home and assets, Why on earth would I risk any of that for a $5 ride.

Ive thought the same thing about uber and passengers breaking the rules, but how far can driver really go if taken in court with that and how much power does an uber driver have against uber and passenger? At the end if the day, is it really worth all the trouble? That’s why I hate Uber for that shit, they don’t make sure the pax is the same pax linked to the account taken the uber back home. Now, you think it’s still worth it taking these kids back home risking to go through all that trouble just because you care about them or what not? Remember, you work for a company that has rules of which you agreed by signing the TOS. Shame on you though for making it harder for other drivers, why? Pax will say, the driver said it was okay or I’ve taken uber before, etc. Drivers like you cause that shit.

lady… The real question here is who the fuck you think you are breaking rules making it harder for us drivers to work with minor pax. Judging you though? I have the right to since you’re out here breaking rules because this type of shit needs to stop. If I really want to take this to another level, I would send these conversations to lyft and report your ass. Who tf do I think am? You tell me.

Here is an email from uber talking about giving a child a ride home from soccer practice when parent is busy???