Discuss politics when a rider brings it up

If they bring up politics, I engage with them. I have a thick skin so I don’t get offended easily, so I listen to them and understand what matters to them underneath their opinion, and then I tell them what matters to me and my opinions… but without the goal of convincing them or converting them.

“To each their own” is how I handle the situation. Try to act very unbiased or uninterested in politics. Best way to prevent drama without having *** escalate. But I do engage with them if they’re being super nice and respectful about it, I’ve had some interesting discussions with people!

I listen but no matter what they say I keep my mouth shut. Everyone has a right to say what they believe even if I totally disagree so I just nod and try to change topics as quickly as I can

I had a rider in State college who kept insisting to know my stance on the kneeling in the NFL and I told him money, politics and religion are not discussed between me and my riders due to me having to be professional. He called me a white nationalist trying to restrict his first amendment rights and I threw him out of my vehicle. I told him I would call the cops and to find another driver. I didn’t even say anything politically charged and it already started a fight with the potential to turn physical. I typically let other riders discuss amongst themselves but I refuse to get involved because all it does is make us look bad if we talk about it and cause fights. If anyone brings it up with me I give them the option to discuss other things and if they refuse, see ya. I’ll take my base fair and the rider can hit the road

I have never seen a more cowardly and fearful group of people than many of you.

I know my politics and religion, i can defend them without pissing people off. You should learn that too.

You can converse about your views with them sure but the bottom line is they can report you for butt-hurt no matter what… This is a volatile time and the pettiness is everywhere.

I only half pay attention to what they blather on about anyeays. I listen for what sounds like I should make an appropriate response and then I just respond in the most generic type way I can. I’m focusing on the roads not get hit by all the bad drivers. I could care less about what my passengers say in the five seven minutes that they’re in my car

People want validation of their political views because the majority of people don’t actually have any facts to support their platform but rather rely on “I feel this to be true so therefore it is.” If you do not support their “belief” system then you shouldn’t engage them. Your vehicle is not the vessel to “apostolate” customers to “see the light” in the error in their ways with their political judgement. Best bet is to claim ignorance of politics if your passenger has polar opposite views and try to change the subject to something less volatile like religion/abortion/gun rights/gay marriage/legalized marijuana/war in Iraq-Syria-Afghan/illegal immigration etc. You know topics that aren’t polarized in the US.

I don’t mind giving my opinion, because if they ask you for it, where’s the harm. Not going to overdue it but definitely will diplomatically tell them that Trump is an Ahole and instead of being the common people’s President he’s turned into just another mouth-piece for the stinking filthy rich, like all Rs before him!