Common tactic of cheap riders

Rich people are usually the cheapest, that’s how they got rich in the first place

It depends on cs if they give you the fare with or without the surge plus you are not insured because there is no record of you are not in active ride

I would if kicked him out on the highway and said good luck getting a new driver on the highway

The second they end the ride, they get booted out. Freeway or not, rain or shine.

I would have pulled off the highway, dumped him out the car and drove off.

Instead of telling this story on FB , you report to uber that rider was attempting surge manipulation by canceling ride after being picked up

Next time they try this scam , go offline after they cancel. They will get another driver to screw with .then ask uber to never pair them with you again

I had a similar incident from a con pax. It was my third day driving. He said he was using his sister’s app (I didn’t know to cancel the pickup at that point). It was a 20+ mile ride and midway the ride cancels. I had no idea what happened. I asked the con pax and he said, “oh it’s on my phone…we good.”

I advise any newbies to check forums like this BEFORE driving. I tend to believe the best in people. This conniving pos will get his karmic moment one day and perhaps become a real con for being a thief.

That’s what we did, but the point is that he got out of paying the surge price. The area was surging between 1.2x - 2.4x. His request was a 2.0x surge charge. He canceled the ride within a mile, though. Once we drove out of the surging range, he canceled the ride and requested another one.

In my opinion, he did all that on purpose because he didn’t wanna pay the extra $8.

It’s happened once before when there was no destination, but it was due to not knowing the address. This time around, the guy knew how to enter the address, but chose not to so he can pull a fast one like he did. I reported his cancelation trip and the actual trip to Uber. But we know how great Uber is when it comes to this kind of stuff.

My app doesn’t allow me to change the address and I haven’t received no destination in at least 6 months.

Even my old Rider app doesn’t allow me to request a ride without a destination. And the new app surely doesn’t. It won’t let you get to the point of requesting ride.

In my opinion it’s idiotic to change the destination for Rider. There is a digital footprint when the address is changed and I would want that footprint to show the Rider changed it.

I recently had a ride at 3 in the morning picking up at a sports bar and the destination was about 5 towns away. The writer entered the car already on the phone he was speaking Spanish apparently with his girlfriend. About a minute or two into the ride is that the ride got canceled. The name on the account that book The Ride sounded like a Spanish female name. I suspect it was his girlfriend that book the ride. When the ride cancelled before I even said anything he was saying to her that he would have me bring him to the house anyway. I immediately pulled over on the side of the highway. I explained to the guy that the ride was cancelled and that I would drive him to the nearest store but he would have to get out. He was saying no he would give me the address and I should just drive him. I immediately called nine-one-one. They directed me to the nearest convenience store. When we arrived I opened the automatic door on my minivan and told him that he needed to leave that the ride was cancelled. He said he was not going to get out. I still had nine-one-one on the phone and I turned to him and I said “I’m talking to the police now do you want me to have them come?”. I don’t think he wanted a problem with immigration. He got out of the car and went into 7-Eleven. I locked my doors and left and then called Uber to get the corrected.

It’s always better if possible to keep things civil take the rider to their destination and then down rate them and call Uber for any fare corrections or cleaning fees Etc. But if things do go south and you end up with a situation that you have to confront there and then the best thing to do is to get 911 on the phone so you’ve got help on the way if you need it and you have a record and recording of what happened. Also anybody who’s driving Uber that doesn’t have a dash cam is asking for trouble.