As a female driver, my advice is to be friendly but also make your expectations known

I am single, but I find the best way to discourage some men who want to ask awkward questions or to openly try to hit on you is to gently mention you are dating someone… This will stop most in their tracks… their will be some that will still try to hit on you despite this, in this case it’s best to just ignore them…

As for the socially awkward guys I get sometimes… it best to just be friendly…some of these men are loners and will be the best tippers…if you just treat them nice… It doesn’t cost anything to be nice.

As for the fare part…I usually focus on airport pickups…and will work downtown only during surges…

I also hang out by busy hotels in the early morning 6am-9am to take to the airport…

It’s not that hard to create a fake rider account… I’ve seen riders with names that couldn’t be real… or use a virtual credit card account… Don’t assume that uber has vetted the rider… if anything is off…don’t hesitate to cancel…

I always activate my recorder on the phone when a male gets in my car…especially if he’s drunk…

Also I have all my “self defense” stuff within reach …before any PAX boards.

Uber is not the police… if you want action taken you contact an attorney…they can maybe advise you if you have a cause of action…something along the lines of uber didn’t properly vet the clients, and as a result I was subjected to systematic sexual harrasment…

How did someone get your private cell number? The Miami partners transfer number is the same from Tequesta to Miami. Unless you gave your number to a person, no one is able to contact you once the ride is completed.

I’d recommend to dash cam all rides. I’ve been doing it for months in TN - hardly anyone even notices it tucked up by the rear view mirror. Perhaps make it more noticeable as a deterrent. Place a notice somewhere if two party consent is required in your state.

Be careful though: as rates decline, problems with riders get worse.

Awesome Blossom! Thank you! Thank you! I will so look on Amazon for dash cams! It is my life and I have to Do what is in the best interest for me! Was it hard to install? You’re the best! And yes, the lower rates bring out some tacky people. Hugs!

It’s pretty easy to setup. Hardest thing is just deciding where it fits best in your car. I also tucked the wires into the headliner then ran them down the side. But there are many ways to do it. You can always ask a friend or stop by a car alarm / radio / radar detector type installer and maybe ask them for a little help if needed.

I’ve learned a lot in my 8 months of ubering. The most important being to remain stern and serious with the pervy, obnoxious men. Let them know right off the bat that you are not going to sink to their level and joke around with them. Being good looking isn’t always a great thing for female drivers. Don’t mind the tips though

Well thankyou, as for that one who thinks he’s always right and w’ere always wrong, just read some of his previous comments. There’s no perfect way to dealw with drunks. Sometimes the best I can do is get them to their destination (without them puking in my vehicle) and collecting my fare.

None of your responses where blatant or candid, they where of an angry person with an immature attitude, name calling and false accusations. Your comments to me say allot about you… read them, matter of fact I hope many people read them and see how wrong and immature they are. You should have ask the experienced persons here that work the area you work some advice on what you can expect driving at night. You need to know the Florida codes for taxi’s and limo’s before taking people’s advice.

It’s really not uber’s fault that there are a lot of misogynist pigs out there… that is sadly a cultural issue more than an Uber issue…

As for the anonymous number creepiness…I wouldn’t worry about it… the minute you or that pax get a new ping/ride they won’t be able to contact you…

No, you see, that is what I am saying. I couldn’t contact them. But since the number through Uber does not change, they can use it to contact a driver later. Try it out if you don’t believe me. Give your Uber number to a friend and have them call it.

I’ve been driving for Uber since right before the holidays and started Lyft about 10 days ago, but I don’t do the late night shift. I’ve never had a pax come on to me, but it is something that has crossed my mind as a what if scenario. Lyft pax are much better than Uber ones and the majority of mine have left a tip. The problem is that Uber is more commonly known so you probably won’t get as many with Lyft. I stay logged into both for now. Once the guarantees go away, I will only drive for Lyft because Uber will be a loss at that point (barely profitable now). I don’t think gender has much to do with ratings or tips. It’s more about their own personal predisposition to the concept and if they had the presence of mind to bring cash. Lyft makes that point moot.

Well, one time when my Uber number called me, and I did not answer, and I was not online, they accidentally left a voice message, where I could hear music in the background. So the number is/was still accessible to a passenger. I know that no one wants to believe it, but it is really true. That’s half the reason I quit. Uber did not care to take my concern seriously. On January 10th at 10:34 pm, My Uber Number called my phone. I had not gone online for a week prior. Why is it so hard to believe?

i only read the first post,the OP
refuse to read anymore because she said she drove 200 miles for $150
STOP DOING UBER