90% of new drivers don’t make it to one year

Both Lyft and Uber are buying time until they can fully phase out human drivers for automated drivers.

They both aren’t profitable yet, and I’m sure they aren’t looking to increase their driver expenses.

I hope most of you will take the time to read the following article from Forbes regarding why Uber isn’t profitable. The same facts would apply to Lyft. The writer also noted what he felt it would take for Uber to become profitable. Hint: it wasn’t autonomous cars.

90% of my PAX engage in some type of conversation with me. I doubt that they will be happy with a self driving vehicle. I actually have some great conversations while I am driving. This idea of driverless vehicles is a hoax. Not to mention the idea of getting into a car and not knowing and physically seeing who is in control kind of would have me worried.

Most of the large metro systems have been semi-automated for decades. In the SF Bay, BART drivers only control doors and only drive when the system requires manual mode (which limits speed to 15mph). Automated public transit and commercial transportation are probably the first areas to see large scale adoption of level 5 automation.

I don’t get it are you trying to achieve your changes or not. You alone will never achieve your changes. Complaining to Uber Lyft and the company’s doesn’t do anything. People calling Congress will never achieve their changes. What would achieve changes his drivers organizing. In my opinion any efforts organized drivers is not a troll it’s an effort to organize drivers that people should support it. I honestly don’t see anyone really doing a good job organizing. That’s why drivers have never been organized. I’m guessing you will also called this a troll. And I’ll just bang my head against the wall and go seat that’s why drivers cant organize

You are dreaming. They want too many drivers so they can pay less. What’s happening is they take OUR money and recruit more and more drivers to drive costs down. The unintended result is getting worse and worse drivers.

The GPS doesn’t work so how can driverless cars work? How often would you get where you’re going if you followed their flaky GPS with out your input?

I am sure Über would give it’s best to the driverless cars. Not like us grunt drivers.

too many legal and other issues need to be addressed before truly “Self-Driving Cars” will come to fruition anytime soon. Just for fun, google self driving cars accidents. You will be alarmed by how many accidents they are involved in.

Lyft and Waymo both have limited trials on city streets right now. Lyft is testing in Pitsburgh, PA and Waymo is testing in Phoenix, AZ. Waymo is using driverless cars and will start accepting paid fares soon.

Uber has been testing its autonomous fleet in Pittsburgh and AZ.

Every single accident involving both autonomous cars and Tesla’s auto pilot feature have been the fault of human-driven car.

This is way there are extensive testing before just opening the door to full level 5 cars on the open roads. There will need to be some sort of stop-gap to account for this while both human-driven and Computer-driven coexist on the same road.

How many times has it told you to put the pax out in the middle of the freeway? Or had you waiting for the pax in a neighborhood and she calls from the airport. “Where are you?”

Here’s the dirty secret, there will be “driver” sitting at computers in Bombay” Assisting the driverless cars?

Funny thing, personally I’m not worried about self driving cars as much as I am about Uber’s mismanagement and flawed premise that autonomous vehicles will be their savior. At the rate Uber is hemorrhaging cash, they will be toast in about 2 years. They can seek more venture capital to keep the doors open with the premise of ruling the world with self driving cars. That dilutes everything and is tantamount to a Ponzi scheme.

As the Forbes article opines, Uber can become viable and profitable if they raise their prices ever so slightly. More to the point, that their ultra low rates is actually counterproductive.

They have to considering they’re limited time on their drivers which is putting a grave risk for having to pay an hourly wage but beyond that limiting the time and just taking time away and not giving trip requests are giving trip request for three dollars or 20 minutes away Basically the rideshare businesses are not being fair to the drivers this is the best deal that they could work out with the Minnesota Department of transportation real good pretty much not they could’ve done better if there are other ways

180 days of change certainly wasn’t to take care drivers