I had my first disabled rider with a service dog yesterday

ust FYI for all people who are non compliant with the “FEDERAL” Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)… THE LOWEST fine for non-compliance is $750 and/or jail time.
It’s cheaper to have your car cleaned.
In this business you should have the necessary tools to clean your vehicle anyway.
I recommend this spot cleaner

If you are not certain that an animal is a service animal, you may ask the person who has the animal if it is a service animal required because of a disability. However, an individual who is going to a restaurant or theater is not likely to be carrying documentation of his or her medical condition or disability. Therefore, such documentation generally may not be required as a condition for providing service to an individual accompanied by a service animal. Although a number of states have programs to certify service animals, you may not insist on proof of state certification before permitting the service animal to accompany the person with a disability.

I think in all the time it takes to figure out a reason NOT to, I think as a business owner in customer service biz we should be just figuring out a way TO, just let the PAX and the puppy dog in your car, as mentioned before a vacuum can get all the hair if any from your seat, or lay a blanket down for the animal, not to hard to figure out in my mind.

I wish people would stop posting this. YES it’s against the law to refuse someone with a service animal. But to make the people who can least afford it be the object of this law is wrong. The fact that we have absolutely no say who gets in our car is bullshit and pisses me off!

I have NEVER denied anyone with a dog/pet ever… but that is my choice…

Its my vehicle, and I feel I should have the right to choose whether or not I want a dog in my vehicle. Some people are afraid of dogs, but more over, some people have allergies to dogs, and at the end of the day, after my shift is done, I take this vehicle home with me.

People with pets should be able to provide that information before hand. Its wasting both the rider and drivers time to show up to find out last minute.

A driver once said to me that “those kind of people must pay way more then the regular price…”.
Are you kidding me?!!
What makes us any better then them? Pay more for what, for having a special need? We never know if one day one of us may be on that situation. And imagine being rejected…:frowning:

Help the elderly and the needy, thats where the blessing is!!!

Remember!!! You will be one of the two, because the older you get more needy you become.

It can be as simple as social anxiety. Since we’re not doctors, take them. It’s more bothersome to me that uber allows a minor to set up an uber account. If a minor is in your car and say you’re reat-ended…no insurance coverage via uber because YOU didn’t check their age. Now we have to ask for I.D. for proof of age? How about uber not approving an account for a minor? How about THEY check their ages before establishing an account?

If someone was as allergic to dogs as I am to parrots I would understand it. It could be fatal for me. I am allergic to dogs but at a relatively minor level so I would take a service dog although I would avoid a non service one. I don’t care what the law says would not risk going into shock if that was the case. There is the law and there is common sense.

I’m a property manager & I leased to a couple that had a service dog that…DOES NOT SHED…it has HAIR not fur! That was a first for me.