Buy cheap and rent out...thats just called smart business

I will acknowledge your point on what Mr. Warren did or did not do in regard to improving the lives of people that live in these communities…I would also ask what those same people of those communities did to help themselves in the process?

I’m not against investors, Glen. I’m just against people who don’t mind stepping on the backs of others and squashing communities to get it.

So you’re asking me what people who were barely scraping by did to help themselves in fighting an investor who clearly had more money, knowledge, clout and understanding of the process??? GTFO.

Clearly there are ideological differences here. My goal every day is to live my life in such a way that if I am called to meet my creator at any given time I can humbly admit my mistakes and have confidence that the good outweighs the bad. You live however you please.

Smart man, so if he owns blocks on top of blocks of property, especially in that area! Between what there about to do with turner and the dome he will be in some good money!

You can’t. Because Rick Warren bought them all and is going to leave them vacant, dilapidated and infested with vermin until he can turn it into luxury condos and strip malls.

I was thinking about buying some of those homes and refurbishing them. Those neighborhoods will soon be getting a huge facelift and I want a piece of that pie :joy::joy::joy:

Because no one bought them. They sit for years. Again, anyone… With a little money, could have purchased these over the last 10 years

He buys and allows them.to hover above code to drive All remaining value in the area down. Now when people try to.sell and leave they can’t afford to buy something else.

Please do your research on this man, before trying to make him out to be a saint. He rents houses and apartments to people and they aren’t even in liveable condition. He buys these houses and just leaves them in deplorable conditions. This my friend is not a saint.

Anyone else is free to purchase them if they don’t want him to. Plenty of house still for sale… Just waiting for someone to purchase them.

We’re all on this planet together. The truth is Rick Warren exploited poor black neighborhoods for his own gain. He knew how to work the system and they didn’t. They didn’t have the money to sit on these properties and pay tax liens and code violations tickets until they could sell them. He took advantage of a poor neighborhood. Period. If that’s what you aspire to in life, enjoy the karma that comes with it.

What I’ve learned today is that you can research properties to see if the current owner is paying their taxes. If they aren’t…well… do you research, read, get informed and place yourself in a position to acquire the property.

Like anyone can do. Here’s a hint. I want to buy this house for less $5,548.34. The current owner has abandoned it and hasn’t paid taxes in ten years.

Or it was just Bullshit in the beginning… He along with many others are slum Lords…and if the city wanted his property lol. They would have it. This happens too often…but on the back end African Americans have to do more to invest in their own neighborhoods and keep their own property. I know many of people that have put bids on homes in that area including self… 5 times and every time I was out bid or the house was purchased for cash by investors… If anyone buys one other than an investor please let me know. There is a game to all this…a reason why black neighborhoods with same per capita income have less value than other neighborhoods.

They only way to win against investors is to partner with others to have the cash flow unless you just have the cash banked which most people don’t have… But in due time

Quoted from AJC article:

"Code enforcement officers targeted Warren after an Atlanta Journal-Constitution investigation that found that he had purchased some 10 percent of the houses in and around the historically black English Avenue neighborhood, leaving many vacant and crumbling. For years, Warren paid fines when he was cited for vacant houses infested with rats and overgrown with weeds, then continued to re-offend. Neighbors complained that drug dealers set up shop inside his properties, undermining attempts to revive the neighborhood.

English Avenue, which has been scarred by the heroin trade, was the victim of rampant mortgage fraud during the housing boom. It then became the site of aggressive property speculation because it sits next door to the construction of a new Atlanta Falcons stadium and a planned segment of the Beltline.

Warren became perhaps the neighborhood’s biggest speculator. He purchased dozens of properties at a time for as little as a few hundred dollars a piece from other investors who fell on hard times during the housing crisis. While some were kept vacant, he rented some of them out and tenants complained of unsafe conditions."

That is an investment in your future and the community assuming you plan to rent homes that are maintained and in livable condition. That’s a beautiful plan.

this is a clear case of buying property and just waiting for gentrification.

i can see the business side, but the poor residing in that area are the people that get fuked.

business can be about making someone better off, without making someone else worse off. it really comes down to your morals and ethics when making those decisions.

money doesn’t have any feelings though.

His trade may have been cocaine and heroin dealing, but Elgin DeMarco Jordan was an Atlanta businessman just the same.

And when the suspected head of a major area drug-trafficking organization had money to spare, he did just what amateur investors, venture capitalists and other businessmen tend to do in Atlanta nowadays. He snapped up blighted, cut-rate real estate in the city’s struggling Westside neighborhoods, looking to cash in on the intown boom.

During that time, Jordan was investing the proceeds in real estate, a confidential informant told investigators, court records show. Some of the properties were acquired under “A New Way of Living,” a company prosecutors said was linked to him. During the real estate bust, he was snapping up properties for as little as $1,800 a piece.

FYI Rick is willing to meet with anyone to help them acquire properties in BANKHEAD, Vine City, English Avenue or Ashview Heights. That way, ANYONE…can purchase them if they wanted to do so.