Amazon Flex: How to be reactivated after deactivation

There are two kinds of deactivation, permanent and temporary. I list the two types and then discuss how to reactivate if possible from a temporary deactivation.

Temporary Deactivation

• No Hot/cold bags for pickup and delivery
  • Too many late deliveries
  • Customers did not receive their delivery
  • Undeliverable packages or deliveries not returned to Amazon on time
  • Working for others during an Amazon Flex Block
  • Pressing the "I'm at the location but my GPS isn't working" too often when starting a block

Permanent Deactivation

• Too many missed blocks or shifts
  • Being late repeatedly for a block or shift

The Deactivation Notice

If you meet any one of the above conditions, Amazon will send you an email listing your transgressions leading to your deactivation. They give you a ten calendar days' period to reply using their online Qualtrics form and claim that it will take them up to three weeks to process the information.

Contesting Deactivation

You can use one of two ways to contest your deactivation. Either use the online Qualtrics form that was sent with the deactivation email, and you cannot contact Amazon Flex through the usual ways since your deactivation will close your account, phoning them won't help, you can only request reactivation through this e-mail: amazonflex-appeals@amazon.com

Responding to Deactivation

Stop and think before rushing off to reply using the Qualtrics form that was attached to your de-activation email. You have ten calendar days to reply, so take a day or two to go over the reason why you were deactivated and then word your reply in a way that will be polite, to the point and apologize for the reason. Don't try to spin any tales, keep your reasons to facts, tell them you will fix the issue that was the main reason or one of three possible reasons (they usually give a courier three strikes) and that you have learned from your mistakes and will improve and maintain a quality service.

I suggest you segment the reply according to the following outline:

1. Acknowledge the fault
  2. Give a brief history of your past delivery performance and behavior
  3. Explain why you like working for Amazon Flex
  4. Deliver a closing statement explaining how you have improved and learned from your mistakes

Remember that you only have one chance to reply, so take your time and make it a good response.

Amazon Flex Response Time

While it does state on their site that Amazon Flex can take up to three weeks to respond, cases have been reported that reinstatement occurred overnight. While the reinstatement can be quick the app activation does take a day or two, so don't panic if you still don't have access, wait until you get an activation e-mail, and then you can start working again. Once you receive the email, you will have to wait a few more hours before the reactivation starts. Do NOT try to set up a block for that day, only schedule blocks AFTER full reactivation. You do not want to be in a situation where you miss a block immediately after activation.

1 Like

I have been notified by email that I have been terminated but i have not been given reason why. I wrote an appeal requesting this information but their response just says they will not be reactivating me. I dont know what I have done though and dont know how to handle this. Any suggestions?

Which city do you drive in? If there is any Amazon Flex office, go there and try to resolve the situation face to face. If they still won’t give you an explanation for your deactivation, talk to some attorney regarding the issue. These are your only two options I think.

I received an email saying that I can be reinstated. They told me I had to first take care of the BGCAgreement Reacceptance. I asked them how to do it since my account is still disabled and no response

Hi, I was deactivated without warning or ever receiving an email from Amazon Flex, I will definitely try the appeals email you listed above but so far I haven’t received any responses from the emails I sent to the amazonflex-support@amazon.com email. Do you know ir have you heard of anyone else who never even received emails from them before their account was just deactivated and if so what can I do? (I have checked my spam and made sure to use the email address assigned to my Amazon account)

Thanks A.

How were you able to join twice? Different email accounts?

I was deactivated this past Sunday for having an expired license which we all know during this COVID-19 pandemic ALL NY State governing offices are CLOSED until further notice. I even took the extra steps to have a temporary license sent in the interim to avoid deactivation but, of course, NO support from the so called “Amazon Support Team”. I’ve uploaded documents onto the app on numerous occasions only for Amazon to regurgitate more computer generated responses, ie “missing information” which is inaccurate because my documents come straight from Albany. I even gave Amazon Support my documents directly so they could manually upload my documents but to NO avail which is the reoccurring theme at “Amazon Support” or lack there of… I’ve been going in circles for the past 4 days and all I get from “support” are computer generated responses that have nothing to do with the current situation. Truly the worse experience and service I’ve ever dealt with, I have the feeling “support” staff is not very familiar with the English language OR they just don’t give a crap. I must have over 20 emails since Monday and I keep getting the SAME regurgitated computer responses, it’s like talking to a wall. Furthermore every time I go into the Flex app, my OLD license populates meaning the app is NOT uploading my documents and glitching software which I’m sure EVERYONE can relate to.
I finally tried the “appeals” support link and hoping that someone with a little more knowledge, schooling, and care could help me out in this financially crucial time in our country.
If anyone has any advice for me, please, I beg you to pass any information along that could hopefully remedy my situation.
Thanks !
AL

Hai sir
This is manubolu Nagendra my Amazon flex id ix deactivated please check and give me to reactive in my Amazon flex id

How did you open the account second time?

I got deactivate my account and please help me how can I join again the amazon flex, as you mentioned in your comment that you joined the second time. How long do I have to wait to join the second time? Thanks

Hello how did you get reinstated

prashanthrpprashanth281@gmail.com pls my id reactive